What do you do when you are confused or stuck on a problem? You ask questions to the respective professor, a responsible person, or a search engine, right? What if I say you can now chat to get your answers?
Seems impossible right? But it has been made possible with the introduction of ChatGPT. You might have got a rough idea of what it is! However, to understand it in detail about it, stay with us till the end.
The article is solely dedicated to ChatGPT. You will get information on what it is, how it works, and what are its advantages and limitations. Moreover, why was it banned in NYC?
Table of Contents
- What is ChatGPT?
- ChatGPT is LLM (Large Language Model).
- How ChatGPT Works?
- ChatGPT: Advantages and Limitations
- How to Use ChatGPT?
- Where Can You Use ChatGPT?
- What is the Future of ChatGPT?
- Is Open AI Launching ChaptGPT Plus?
- Microsoft invested $ 10 billion in ChatGPT!
- Why was ChatGPT banned in NYC?
- Open AI enrolls a new tool – ChatGPT AI Classifier!
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a large language model (LLM) using artificial intelligence (AI) to generate conversations which are based on the GPT-3.5 model that OpenAI developed.
With the additional layer of Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback (RLHF), it can follow and provide satisfactory answers to humans using their feedback.
The model is trained on millions of conversations and can generate responses that are both accurate and natural-sounding.
ChatGPT is designed to be used in a variety of applications, such as chatbots, virtual assistants, and other conversational applications. It can create interactive conversations with users, as well as provide automated customer service.
You can also use it to generate personalized content for websites and applications.
ChatGPT is LLM (Large Language Model).
Yes, that’s true. ChatGPT is one of the LLMs (Large Language Models). It is a huge revolution in the technology industry when an LLM is trained to consider human feedback before answering.
It means the AI learned how to understand human expectations when they ask some question or query.
LLMs can only predict the next word, but it’s not necessary that the word will be relevant to the sentence and will make sense. However, the ChatGPT is LLM, which doesn’t only provide a prediction of the next word but is accurate and sensible as well.
How ChatGPT Works?
ChatGPT works by taking a user’s input and using it to generate a response. The system uses natural language processing (NLP) to understand the user’s input and generate an appropriate response. The system then uses artificial intelligence (AI) to generate a response that is both accurate and natural-sounding.
The system is trained on millions of conversations, so it can generate responses that are both accurate and natural-sounding. It can also generate personalized content for websites and applications. The system can also be used to create interactive conversations with users, as well as to provide automated customer service.
ChatGPT: Advantages and Limitations
The above screenshot is the page you will be greeted with after signing up for ChatGPT. Well, on the start page, it will show you its capabilities and limitations.
The capabilities state it can remember your conversation, allows you to provide follow-up for corrections, and can even decline inappropriate requests. And as for limitations, it might occasionally generate incorrect information, harmful or biased content, and limited knowledge.
Now, let’s comprehensively understand its advantages and limitations:
Advantages of ChatGPT:
By now, you might have understood that ChatGPT is an absolute wonder in many ways. It shows how AI can also understand human behavior and expectation. This complex model based on GPT-3.5 has multiple advantages, and they are as follows:
(1) It produces high-quality writing which enables it to produce more intelligent and compelling content.
(2) You can use it to perform more advanced reasoning tasks since it supports more complex instructions.
(3) It doesn’t provide answers in shorter form or a single word. Instead in the longer form explain the answer in detail. Refer to the image added below for reference:
As you can see above, how ChatGPT explained the difference between the words nuance and nuisance in detail and even showed tips on how to remember them correctly.
(4) It’s easy to use and FREE!
Limitations of ChatGPT:
Even though ChatGPT has many advantages, there are a few limitations of ChatGPT as well. It is still in the early stage of development and reviewing, hence, there will be times when it gives out nuisance answers that won’t make any sense. Here are a few limitations that OpenAI states about the ChatGPT:
(1) During RL training, there’s currently no source of truth;
(2) Training the model to be more cautious causes it to decline questions that it can answer correctly; and
(3) Supervised training misleads the model because the ideal answer depends on what the model knows, rather than what the human demonstrator knows.
Apart from these, there are other disadvantages of ChatGPT, which are mentioned below:
(4) It can hinder the evolution of students. How? Students in NYC and other states are using ChatGPT to write their essays, which are supposed to be written by them!
(5) If ChatGPT can solve every possible query, then what about the call centers? Their job and existence are also in danger.
(6) It can even create new cybersecurity risks, as it can answer all the questions asked by the user, regardless of understanding the motive and intent!
(7) Another disadvantage is to the knowledge worker. If ChatGPT and like models can provide every information, then aren’t knowledge workers’ jobs in danger too?
How to Use ChatGPT?
The answer to this depends on where you want to use it. If you want to use it as your personal assistant providing you answers without you having to go through websites, then it’s pretty simple.
- Go to the OpenAI website.
- Scroll to the Features section on the footer.
- Click on ChatGPT.
- Then, click on Try ChatGPT.
- Sign up and ask your questions and queries through chat and get answers.
However, if you want to connect the ChatGPT to your website or mobile application, then the process is a bit different:
- Create an account on the OpenAI website.
- After that, browse the API keys page to create a new API key.
- To access the ChatGPT model whenever needed, copy and store the API key safely.
- To access the ChatGPT model from Python code, you must install the OpenAI Python package. You can install the package using the command line: pip install openai
- As soon as you install the OpenAI package, access the ChatGPT model and produce an answer to any natural query.
Where Can You Use ChatGPT?
Till now read about ChatGPT, its advantages, limitations, how it works, and how to use it. However, in this section, we will see what are the different ways you can use ChatGPT.
- Solving problems including mathematics, coding errors, etc.
- Get information on anything you want to know about.
- Provide answers to your customer’s queries by implementing the model on the website and mobile app.
- Develop a mobile application.
- Write a blog post (don’t worry, this isn’t written by ChatGPT).
- Assisting in any task involving texts.
What is the Future of ChatGPT?
With millions of users within a year of launch, ChatGPT is set to move ahead and grow more prominent. However, what is the future of ChatGPT? Here are some possible improvements in the future of ChatGPT:
– Performance improvements
It might be possible for ChatGPT to handle more complex and diverse forms of language as its size grows, resulting in better performance.
– Increased industry use
There are chances of increased use in various industries such as customer service, healthcare, finance, and others.
This will be driven by the need for more efficient and effective communication. Along with that, it will be able to handle large amounts of data and provide insightful analysis.
– New and innovative applications
There may be new and innovative ways of using ChatGPT that have not yet been imagined. For example, it can be used to analyze and process large amounts of unstructured data, such as social media posts or customer feedback.
– Advances in Accuracy
This could include improvements in the accuracy and reliability of ChatGPT, as well as the development of new techniques for training and using them.
Overall, the future of ChatGPT seems promising, with the potential to impact and improve many aspects of our daily lives. However, it can be a negative side for students, knowledge workers, and many others.
Is Open AI Launching ChaptGPT Plus?
Yes, that’s true. Open AI is launching a pilot subscription for ChatGPT, which will be currently available to USA users – ChatGPT Plus. The subscription will cost $20/month, and there will be more benefits like:
- Access to ChatGPT even during peak times
- Faster response time
- Early access to new features and improvements
Why is it launching plus version? Well, as per research we think, that will offer the updated and exclusive features in ChatGPT Plus, which will be more reliable. As the brand has made important changes to the ChatGPT model after receiving thousands of feedback through its research preview.
Microsoft invested $ 10 billion in ChatGPT!
At first, only rumors were there about Microsoft’s investment in OpenAI’s ChatGPT. However, in the press release on Monday, the company claimed that it has invested in the tool. Even though it didn’t make any clearance about the financial figure, it is expected to be around $10 billion.
This was Microsoft’s third phase of investment in Open AI, the first two rounds were made in 2019 and 2021. The company has shown interest in ChatGPT, as OpenAI uses Azure to train all of its programs.
In a release, the CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella made the following remark:
“In this next phase of our partnership, developers, and organizations across industries will have access to the best AI infrastructure, models, and toolchain with Azure to build and run their applications.”
Microsoft aims to convert Azure into an AI supercomputer for the entire world. With this investment in ChatGPT, Microsoft will be the cloud provider for every tool under Open AI!
Why was ChatGPT banned in NYC?
You might be thinking, why would anyone ban this amazing application, let alone an entire city? But think about it, there will be a plausible reason behind that. Also, ChatGPT was banned from school and college devices. Getting the hint?
Yes, the model was being used by students to cheat in exams. Hence, the government needed to take this step.
This isn’t it. As per The Verge, it was also banned by top AI conferences along with any other AI tools to write academic papers. Reason? It restricts the learning of students.
Regardless of all that, ChatGPT has been considered an alternative to Google by many on social media platforms. Believe it or not!
Open AI enrolls a new tool – ChatGPT AI Classifier!
To solve the problems of misuse by students and writers, Open AI introduced its new tool known as ChatGPT Classifier. The tool can detect the text if it has been written using any AI tool.
Even though it is fully reliable and has only 26% accuracy, it is still the better tool to detect AI-written text. According to Open AI, “AI Text Classifier is a fine-tuned GPT model that predicts how likely it is that a piece of text was generated by AI from a variety of sources, such as ChatGPT”
Conclusion on a New Invention in the AI World!
ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can help businesses automate customer service tasks and provide personalized customer experiences. It is an easy-to-use and cost-effective (free) solution that can be used to improve customer service and increase customer satisfaction.
As businesses continue to look for ways to improve customer service, ChatGPT can be a valuable asset. For more information on such technological advancements and new launches, stay tuned to BlackBuck Magazine.