Seems like Meta is again following someone else’s lead with the introduction of Meta Verified. What is it? And how is it following someone else’s footsteps? Well, today in a blog post, Mark Zuckerberg announced the beginning of testing of the Meta Verified model.
It was not long ago, when Elon Musk, CEO of Twitter changed the way to get the creators’, influencers, and users’ beloved blue tick on the platform. Twitter’s blue check subscription model costs users $11 per month through the iOS store and $8 per month through the web store.
Table of Contents
- What is Meta Verified’s subscription model for Blue Tick?
- What is Meta Verified?
- What will you get with the Meta Verified?
- What’s Next?
What is Meta Verified’s subscription model for Blue Tick?
The CEO of Meta said it will cost $11.99 per month on the web and $14.99 on mobile for a Facebook and Instagram user to get a blue tick mark beside their profile.
What is Meta Verified?
Meta Verified is a paid subscription model to get the blue check for your profile on Facebook and Instagram. It will authenticate your account with the help of government ID, proactive account protection, increased visibility and reach, and access to account support.
As per the blog post by the CEO of Meta, Meta Verified is a solution for the request from creators for broad access to verification and account support along with features for better visibility and reach.
As of now, the Meta Verified is being tested in Australia and New Zealand starting later this week. The pricing model for both countries is as follows:
- Australia: AUD 19.99 on the web, AUD 24.99 on iOS and Android.
- New Zealand: NZD 23.99 on the web, NZD 29.99 on iOS and Android.
After the testing period, it will roll out the verification services globally for everyone. The vision behind Meta Verified is to ensure that we are interacting and following authentic creators. However, the already verified accounts won’t be affected by the Meta Verified!
What will you get with the Meta Verified?
With Meta Verified, you won’t only spend money but will get added benefits as well. The benefits include:
- A verified badge (which will claim the authenticity of your account)
- More protection (Form impersonators claiming to be you)
- Add customer support (With access to a real person for common account issues)
- Increased visibility and reach (In some areas like search, comments, and recommendations)
- Exclusive features (To express yourselves uniquely)
Now that’s out of the way. Below are some questions that you might be finding answers for:
1. How to know, if you are eligible for the Meta Verified?
If you are 18 years above, you are eligible to apply for the Meta Verification. Along with that, your account should have minimum activity history like posting.
2. What will be the process of getting a blue tick with Meta Verified?
Once you have cleared the criteria of age and minimum activity requirements, you will have to submit government ID proofs that match your profile name. Additionally, you will have to add a photo of the Facebook and Instagram accounts you are applying for!
With Meta, adapting to every new thing a user likes on any other social media platform, it will one day be a one-stop solution for everything. Whether it’s reels or stories, the update is based on other popular social media platforms.
The Meta Verified and Twitter subscription model is too good to be just a coincidence. What will be Meta’s next update?