Seems like you are new to the blogging industry, or are starting as a newbie writer. And that’s why you are looking for how to write a guest post. Writing a guest post involves creating content specifically crafted for publication on another person’s blog or website.
You can reach a new audience and gain exposure within your niche or industry by writing a guest post rather than writing for your own platform. A guest post won’t only help you build a portfolio, but will also create backlinks and improve your SEO efforts altogether.
It is a powerful tool for expanding your online presence and establishing yourself as an authority in your field. You can increase your visibility and credibility within your industry by contributing valuable content to established blogs.
Table of Contents
- How to submit a guest post?
- How to Write a Guest Blog Post?
In this article, we will explore the step-by-step process of writing an effective guest post that not only captivates readers but also brings valuable benefits to both you and the host blog. Before we move ahead with a guide on how to write a guest post, you must understand how you submit a guest post!
How to submit a guest post?
You should start writing a guest post only after reaching out to the website and knowing if they are accepting a guest post at the moment. As said in the above introduction, a guest post is submitting an article to another website to get a link back to your website. There’s an established process on how to submit a guest post!
Step 1: Research the opportunities
Before you start pitching guest posts, it’s important to get organized. This means having a list of blogs that you want to write for, as well as a list of topics that you’re interested in writing about. Once you have a list of blogs that you want to write for, it’s time to start finding guest blogging opportunities. There are a few different ways to do this:
- Search for blogs that accept guest posts. Several websites list blogs that accept guest posts. A quick Google search will turn up a number of these websites.
- Look for blogs that are related to your niche. If you have a blog or website in a particular niche, you can look for other blogs that are also in that niche. These blogs are more likely to be interested in your guest posts.
- Reach out to bloggers directly. If you find a blog that you’d like to write for but it doesn’t have a guest posting page, you can always reach out to the blogger directly.
Step 2: Send your pitch
Once you’ve found a blog that you want to write for, it’s time to send your pitch. Your pitch should include the following:
- An introduction. Introduce yourself and tell the blogger why you’re interested in writing for their blog.
- A topic suggestion. Suggest a topic for your guest post. The topic should be relevant to the blog’s audience and something that you’re knowledgeable about.
- A brief overview of your post. Give the blogger a brief overview of what your guest post will cover.
- Your contact information. Include your email address and website address so the blogger can contact you if they have any questions.
Step 3: Send a follow-up email
After you’ve sent your pitch, it’s a good idea to send a follow-up email a few days later. This will show the blogger that you’re interested in writing for their blog and that you’re serious about guest posting.
Step 4: Write your guest post
Once you’ve been accepted to write a guest post, it’s time to start writing! Be sure to follow the blog’s guidelines for guest posts, and make sure that your post is well-written and error-free. You will read about how to write a guest blog post in the upcoming section.
Step 5: Submit your guest post
Once you have written your article, proofread it and make sure it is original. You can check for plagiarism with the help of various free and paid tools like Grammarly (Paid) and SmallSEOTools (Free). There are others too! After that, you finally have to submit the guest post via email, and don’t forget to separately attach images (if there are any) and an author bio.
How to Write a Guest Blog Post?
From choosing the right topic to submitting your post and engaging with readers, this guide will equip you with the necessary knowledge and strategies to create compelling guest posts that make a lasting impact.
Step 1: Follow the guidelines
Once you have the approval from the website’s side, make sure you go through their guidelines on the Write for Us page before writing the article. Every website has its own style of writing and expectation from a guest blogger.
Under the guideline sections, you will be able to see the information on how they want the article to be, do you have to send images, if yes, then what size, number, and types of links do they allow, and all the other necessary information?
Step 2: Do your research
After that, before you start writing, be sure to do your research on the blog’s audience and what they’re interested in. This will help you to write a post that is relevant and engaging. You will get the structuring and writing guide.
Extra research will always help you in getting your article accepted sooner. Go through their already posted articles, and understand the tone and pattern while writing the article.
Step 3: Write a compelling introduction
The introduction is your chance to hook the reader and make them want to read the rest of your post. Start with a strong attention-grabbing sentence or two, and then provide a brief overview of what the rest of the post will cover.
Here are some tips on writing a compelling introduction for your blog post:
- Start with a strong headline: The headline is the first thing that people will see, so it’s important to make it attention-grabbing and informative. A good headline will make people want to read more.
- Start with a question: Asking a question is a great way to get people’s attention and to make them think about the topic of your blog post.
- Start with a statistic: A statistic can be a great way to add credibility to your blog post and to make people interested in reading more.
- Start with a story: People love stories, so starting your blog post with a story is a great way to capture their attention and keep them reading.
- Start with a quote: A quote can be a great way to add authority to your blog post and to make people think about the topic of your blog post.
Step 4: Write a well-organized and informative body
The body of your post should be well-organized and informative. Use clear and concise language, and make sure to support your arguments with evidence.
Guest posts are usually shorter than regular blog posts, so it’s important to keep your writing clear and concise. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that your audience may not understand.
*Please Note: The length of the article will depend on the website. Nowadays, websites accepted guest post articles with a minimum of 1000 words.
Step 5: Include Internal and external links
Once you have written the guest post, it’s time to think precisely and add links to your article. While submitting guest posts, you must add internal links, i.e., links to the article on the website. And after that comes the external links.
Add your website’s or article’s link in the content and also, don’t forget to cite the sources
Step 6: Include visuals
Visuals can help to break up your text and make your post more engaging. Consider including images, infographics, or videos
Step 7: Write a strong conclusion
The conclusion is your chance to wrap up your post and leave the reader with something to think about. Restate your main points, and offer a call to action.
Here are some additional tips for writing a great guest post:
- Be original. Don’t just regurgitate the same old information that’s been said a thousand times before. Offer a unique perspective or angle on the topic.
- Be concise. No one wants to read a long, rambling post. Get to the point quickly and clearly.
- Be engaging. Use humor, storytelling, or other techniques to keep your readers engaged.
- Be professional. Proofread your work carefully before submitting it.